A common scenario
You need to share a large confidential data file with a colleague who does not already have access to it. The share function will allow you send it as a link, thereby eliminating the need to attach a big file it to an email.
Note that this function allows you to share with HGSE affiliates, not non-HGSE affiliates.
To share a file or folder using the XDrive Client, follow these steps:
- Right-click the folder or file and select Sharing... from the menu
- If the person or group who you want to share with isn't on the Share with users... list, click Add...
Note: if the person is on the list, skip to step 7 below
- In the Search for field, enter the person's name
- Click Search
- Click on the person or group desired in the Users found field
- Click Add select users
- Highlight the name or group you just added and select the desired level of permissions in the Permissions field
- Click OK