This powerful feature allows you to perform deep searches on the contents, title, and other attributes of the files within your XDrive account. You may search for files you own as well as files which are not owned by you but for which you have access permission.
A Quick Search allows you to search for a file based on the file's name and content within the current folder.
A Search allows you to search for a file based on the file's name, the file's properties, or a combination of both.
An Advanced Search allows you to search for a file based on the file's name, the file's properties, or a combination of both with the ability to add additional criteria at your discretion.
- Search returns results on whole word matches.
- Searches based on common words like "the" and "and" do not return results.
- The search criteria is not case-sensitive.
- Find results with all of the words by adding a "+" before each word or placing the keyword "AND" between each word. For example: +XDrive +San + Francisco XDrive AND San AND Francisco.
- Find results with the exact phrase by placing the phrase within quotes. For example: "Document Management Suite"
- By default, you are finding results with at least one of the words. If you enter more than one word, files with at least one match are returned.
- Find results without the words by passing in a desired match along with a word to exclude. The word(s) to be excluded are identified by adding a "-" before each word. For example, to retrieve all documents containing "2006 Expense Report" but excluding documents related to "Conventions" +2006 +expense +report —conventions