Bookmarks are shortcuts to folders and files within your XDrive Web account. Using Bookmarks, you can conveniently create shortcuts to your most frequently accessed folders and files. You can also create shortcuts to other users' folders and files you have been allowed to access.
A common scenario
You are involved in a complex project with stakeholders from across different HGSE departments and need to keep track of documents that are not all located in the same place in XDrive. Like a bookmark in your internet browser, XDrive Bookmarks will allow you to easily save and find these documents in a central location.
How do I access them?
You may navigate to your bookmarks at any time by clicking on the Bookmarks button.
In order to bookmark a file or folder, you must have read access to that file or folder. Once you bookmark a file or folder, it will be available each time you login to your account and click on theBookmarks button.
How do I bookmark a file or folder?
To create a bookmark, do one of the following:
- Place a check mark in the box associated to the file or folder, and then click the Bookmark button.
- Right-click the selected file or folder, and then click the Bookmark option.
Editing and deleting bookmarks
Once you bookmark a file or folder, it will be available each time you login to your account and click on the Bookmarks button. If a bookmarked file or folder is moved, renamed, deleted or read permissions are removed, the bookmark will be broken. The bookmark will no longer be listed in the Bookmark list, however it will still appear on the Manage Bookmarks screen, should you wish to repair or delete the broken bookmark.
Edit a bookmark
- On the Document Manager screen, click the Bookmarks and Searches icon [img], and then click the Manage Bookmarks link.
- Place a checkmark in the box associated to the Bookmark you would like to modify, and then click the Edit button.
- Modify the Bookmark Name and/or the Full Path
- Click Submit.
Delete a bookmark
- Click the Bookmarks and Searches icon, and then
- Click the Manage Bookmarks link.
- Place a checkmark in the box associated to the Bookmark you would like to delete
- Click the Delete button.